10. No jumps!
9. You have someone to hold onto and to provide moral support during tests. Alternatively, you have someone to blame for timing errors.
7. You get to wear long swooshy dresses that cover up more of your junk in the trunk!
6. You can ice dance with a significant other. Assuming your significant other can skate even the tiniest bit, he or she can learn the first six pattern dances and you can both have an enjoyable evening out.
4. Cool, funky music played at social ice dance sessions. Skate Canada has recently introduced the Contemporary Music for Pattern Dances pilot program. This is a great new opportunity for skaters to become more engaged and enthused with ice dancing. Adele’s, “Rolling in the Deep,” works perfectly for the Canasta Tango. Looking for a social ice dance session? Check out this link.
3. Can’t make it to the ice? You can never get too much of a good thing; this Yahoo group for Adult Ice Dancers is the place to hang out with your peeps. Looking for a place to dance the next time you are in San Francisco? Boston? Need competition or test advice? Just ask this group.
2. You get really, really awesome edges, turns and speed.
And the number 1 reason to ice dance?
1. You are never too old!
What do you love about ice dance? Please share it with us!